Friday, September 30, 2011

The Lowest Rank of Those in Paradise

Abdullah ibn Mas`ood, radhiallahu `anhu, narrated that the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam said:

“I know the last person who will come out of Hell and the last one to enter the Paradise. A man comes out crawling and Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) says: Go, enter the Paradise. Then he approaches it and it appears to him as if filled, then he returns back and says: O Allah, I found it full. Then Allah says: Go, enter the Paradise. He approaches it and it appears to him as if filled. He then returns back and says: O Allah, I found it to be full. Allah says to him: Go, enter Paradise, you have what is equal to the whole world and ten folds (or, you have what is equal to ten times this world). He then says: “O Allah, are you mocking me (or laughing at me) while You are the King?” Ibn Mas`ood said: I saw the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam laugh till his molar teeth were seen. Abdullah stated that the Prophet sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam said: “That is the lowest rank of those in the Paradise.” [Al Bukhari and Muslim]

In the Hadith narrated by Ibn Mas`ood and the Hadith narrated by Abu Saeed al Khudri, is the story of the man of the tree, who is in the lowest rank of Paradise. Allah reminds him, beseech such and such. When he says all and has nothing more to beg, Allah says: That is for you with ten folds more. Then he enters his house where his two wives of black and white eyed Hoor al`Ein came to him and say: We thank Allah who brought you alive to us and brought us alive to you. Then he says: No person is given like what I have been given.” [Muslim]

Al Mughira ibn Shu`ba narrated that the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said:

“Musa `alaihis salam asked Allah: Who is of the lowest rank among those of Paradise? He said: He is a man who comes after those of Paradise have been entered into it.” Then it is said to him, “Enter Paradise.” He says: O my Rabb Allah, how could I? People had already taken their places and got their grants? He is then told: Will you be satisfies if you have the possessions of a king of the world. He says: I am satisfied O my Rabb. Then Allah says: that is for you, and like it, and a like, and a like, and a like.” For the fifth he says ‘I am pleased O my Rabb’. Allah says: this is for you and like it ten folds, and also whatever you like and what pleases your eyes. The man says: I am pleased O my Rabb!…” [Muslim]

Please Join Our Facebook Page: Click Here

1 comment: